The whole Canterlot once again got to enjoy one of the beautiful, sunny days. A young and beautiful light blue princess was on a daily stroll with her sister, princess Cadence. The newest princess of Canterlot had a long mane and tail, both of them glittered in two shades of blue. The mane also had yellow flowers in it. Her name was Evangeline Roxanne Cordelia, princess Evangeline for short. She had good manners and was always friendly to everypony. Her eyes shimmered a warm violet, her wings rested against her sides, and her horn shone grandly when the sunlight encountered with it.
The princesses Cadence and Evangeline walked forward easygoingly, when suddenly, like a lightning from a clear sky, there was a loud bang and some shouting. A blond, cream colored stallion ran across the alley like a fire under his tail. Behind him could be seen a now broken fruitwagon and a madly shouting owner of it, he tossed some fruit after the escaping stallion.
- I'm sorry, it was an accident!
the cream colored pony shouted as he tried to flee from the merciless firing. Cadence and Evangeline stopped by and glanced at each other confused. The pony stallion glanced behind, and almost after that crashed straight into the sisters, who were unluckily in the way.
For one fleeting moment all three of them lay on the ground in one mishmash of legs. Cadence was the first one to get up, and shooked her head lightly. The stallion got up next, and gave his helping hoof to Evangeline. She took it, and noticed something on the ground, that belonged to the unfamiliar pony.
- Your hat...
Evangeline said a little shyly, raised the hat from the ground and gave it to the cream colored pony, who smiled carefully.
- Well, thanks, miss.. I'm Flim.
- Princess Evangeline Roxanne Cordelia,
Evangeline replied in a little bemused tone. Flim's jaw dropped.
- You're gonna have to write that one down for me...
Both of them laughed nervously. That's when the time slowed down, and everything else disappeared from around them. Their eyes caught up for the first time. Flim's green eyes looked straight into Evangeline's violet ones. Very, very slowly Evangeline blinked her pretty big eyes. Flim barely noticed him swallowing nervously. There was magic in that little moment. They would probably have stayed there for an eternity, if Cadence hadn't come and said:
- Excuse me... I apologize for interrupting, but we should go. Shining Armor is probably already wondering what's taking us so long.
Evangeline turned to look in her and asked:
- Do I also have to come already?
Cadence's understand glance told everything. Evangeline and Flim's first meeting would end up short. Reluctant Evangeline said:
- Well... I also have to go. It was nice meeting you, Flim... I'll see you soon.
Flim replied sounding as moody:
- I think so too... see you.
Evangeline gave a sad smile before turning to Cadence and finally leaving away slowly, so Flim also took his own path.
Later on the same evening Evangeline stood on her balcony another of her front legs raised up on the railing, and looked into the horizon, right into the setting sun. Her thoughts were peaceful, mainly because one polite, cream colored stallion was on her mind. The sunset was one the princess' favorite moments, but also with that Flim was the one who made her feel so wonderfully peaceful with him just being somewhere there.
A little while later Evangeline awoke to some hoofsteps behind her. It was Cadence.
- Hey, sister.. There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you. Are you thinking about that stallion?
Cadence's last sentence got Evangeline turn around.
- You mean Flim? Yes... I've been thinking ever since we came back here. Listen Cadence.. I think I've fallen in love with him.
Cadence's eyes glinted understandingly as she walked to the balcony right next to her sister. To a little bit to right from where they were, they saw Luna fly to a control tower, she was getting ready to raise the moon.
- I understand... I knew it the moment you two looked each other into eyes. But I want to warn you about how others may take it. Everypony most likely won't be accepting the relationship of you two.
Evangeline squinted her eyes, so Cadence hurried to say:
- I of course do, Luna and Celestia do too, but there will surely be those who don't.
A little while later Cadence left, leaving Evangeline to think what she had heard. After only a few seconds she flew down from the balcony. As soon as she got down, she galloped away to search Flim while Luna sended her onwards with a surprised, but accepting glance.
As she galloped on Evangeline thought of her sister's words. Of course there would be somepony in the world, who wouldn't accept the two of them. Evangeline just couldn't even imagine, in which ways they would want to keep them separated.
On the same time Flim walked slowly back to the place, where he had met Evangeline. It had been one of the best moments in his life so far. That mare had been just so fabulous sight, her glance full of magic. Oh, how Flim hoped he would meet her again... and that's why he was there now, after he had first had some long conversations with Flam. Flim's heart felt to skip a beat when he heard some steps coming closer, and turned to look into their direction.
Evangeline galloped to the place where they met, when she suddenly saw a character in front of her. That's when her horn started giving a light violet glow. It usually meant that something special was going to happen. And pretty soon after that she arrived to Flim, and the glowing of her horn faded away. The both of them looked such as surprised.
they asked almost at the same time. Then Evangeline started talking:
- I couldn't get you out of my head, so I had to come and see, if you were still somewhere around here..
Then Flim continued:
- I just have to say, that I'm thinking the same way... I've been thinking nothing but you ever since when we parted in this same place some hours ago. Evangeline... I think I've fallen in love with you.
- And I with you, Flim... I don't want to leave you anymore..
The both understood they shared the same feelings, and left side by side, almost leaning into each other, out of the square. They were so different: another born and raised in a safe and sure environment, without any worries of subsistence or enemies. She was one of the four princesses, the pet of the kingdom, who sometimes found it hard to get her voice heard. Despite her origins she wasn't a haughty dandy, but a real child of the nature.
Another one then again grew up with his brother, going from one village and town to another, searching his own place at the same time. They both had missed something, something to make them whole. The true love. And now something, maybe fate, had brought them together.
Of course after a together spent night came the morning. Evangeline woke up next to Flim, and sadly knew she had to go back home. Flim was kind and colunteered to accompany her all the way. So, then they walked forward side by side. The wonderful feeling that had lived inside them both, soon turned into consternation as they saw the crowd waiting for them. Princess Celestia, a little ashamed-looking Luna, Cadence who seemed to be upset and the whole bunch of royal guards, along with Shining Armor who stood right next to Cadence who carried his foal. Excluding the guards and Celestia, everypony kept glancing at each other. Finally Celestia stood forward and said:
- Princess Evangeline Roxanne Cordelia, do you understand how worried I was of you? Luna told me this morning that she saw you leaving. I've already informed her that she could've told me right away. Now I have to think about this. And on that time you aren't allowed to be close to him. And just so I can be sure about that, he can spend that time in the dungeons. Now all other of you, get inside.
Celestia was the first to turn around, right after her went Luna, Cadence and Shining Armor, and the last was the very downcast Evangeline. Flim tried to go after her, but two of the guards crossed their spears in front of him to prevent him from going. Another one said:
- You heard the princess' words. To the dungeons.
They started poking Flim towards the dungeons. Once they got there, they threw him violently into one cell, and closed the door, leaving the poor, horrified Flim alone. He fell down to a miserable bed of hay.
- Oh Evangeline... what am I gonna do now....
After Flim was taken to the dungeons Evangeline escaped right into her room, and closed the door behind her with her magic, hoping that everypony would understand to leave her alone.
At the same time Cadence, Luna and Shining Armor tried to convince Celestia, that separating Flim and Evangeline for eternity would do nothing but make all things worse.
- They love each other! I don't think neither one of them will be happy ever again, if they get separated!
Cadence tried to appeal from right next to her loved Shining Armor. After listening to everypony's moaning for a long time Celestia finally said she'd made her decision, and sent Shining Armor into the dungeons to free Flim.
Evangeline, who was in her room crying her eyes out for her lost love, suddenly heard knocking from her door. Almost right after that she heard Cadence's voice.
- Sister... I would like to talk to you. I have some news for you, and I think you surely want to hear them.
A little spark of hope woke up inside of Evangeline. Could it be possible...
Exactly on the same time Shining Armor opened to door of Flim's cell. He got up from the hay bed, in which he had been bewailing, and now looked at the white stallion who stood at the door and smiled supportively.
- Come with me, Flim. Princess Celestia has reprieved you, and I somehow think that Evangeline wants to see you again.
A little while later Evangeline and Flim met each other outside in the garden, and got a final assent from Celestia with presence of Luna, Cadence and Shining Armor. The last two mentioned looked at each other, only love in their eyes. They would have a foal, and maybe there would be another wedding soon. The love of Evangeline and Flim had just started to bloom.